It’s unclear at this point how CBD treats anxiety. Some research suggests that CBD may affect serotonin levels within the brain. Your body produces serotonin, which plays a part in how you feel.
Research shows that increasing serotonin levels may help with anxiety. Some medications, like antidepressants regulate serotonin levels. Some studies suggest CBD may be similar to antidepressant or anti-anxiety medication.
Can CBD help fight depression?
Some evidence suggests that CBD might help with depression. However, there aren’t many human studies. To be certain, more research is required. CBD could be used to treat anxiety and depression in the same manner as serotonin.
CBD can be safely taken with antidepressants. However, you should consult your healthcare provider before taking CBD.
What do the studies say about CBD and anxiety
A number of studies have looked into CBD as a treatment to anxiety, due to its rising popularity.
- An 2011 study found that CBD reduces anxiety and discomfort when speaking publicly in the case of people suffering from social anxiety disorder.
- Another 2011 study showed that CBD reduces anxiety symptoms in those with social anxiety disorder.
- A 2015 review of 49 studies showed evidence that CBD may help with generalized anxiety disorder and panic disorder, as well as social anxiety disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, and posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- A 2019 study showed that 91% of patients suffering from PTSD experienced relief after using CBD.
- In 2019, a study used CBD to help people with anxiety and insomnia. Nearly 80% of respondents reported that their anxiety decreased and 70% reported that they had a better sleep quality after the first month. However, the results for sleep were inconsistent over time.
- A 2017 study found no evidence that CBD increased anxiety or paranoia and in fact, it actually increased anxiety for some people.
Although these results are generally good, there are some things you should keep in mind. First, these studies often have very small sample sizes (even those with negative results). The results may not reflect the general population. These studies also don’t examine the long-term effects CBD on anxiety.
This article was written by Island Products. Island Products is a CBD white label manufacturer. Our formulas and procedures are all designed with purity and safety of the customers in mind. Whether you are expanding your current business or starting a new one, let Island Products bring your ideas to life! Choose from a variety of cannabinoids in a variety of forms to diversify and refine each and every product in your brand. Island Products offers cannabinoids including but not limited to: Delta-8 THC, Delta-10 THC, CBD, and more.