Many of you have queries when you think of Neurosurgery. Its natural, questions do come on your way when you dive into such topics.
So, Here I am with another article on Neurosurgery that will clear all your doubts.
To start with, let me first brief you on Neurosurgery.
Many of you think Neurosurgery only involves brain surgery but it is much more! It deals with the disorders of the brain, spinal cord and peripheral nerves. It is a medical speciality which is concerned with the diagnosis of both adult and paediatric patients. These patients are treated by Neurosurgeons who provides surgical or non-surgical care.
They operate on the spine, brain also nerves in many cases. Neurosurgeons are also involved in the treatment of infections which occur in the nervous system.
Some of the countries where people prefer to undergo their Neurosurgery are as follows:
Among all these India is the most preferred one. I’ll tell you Why!
- India has emerged as one of the best place in the world for the first-class medical treatment. Every year thousands of visitors come to India just for their check-ups and especially for their surgeries.
- In India your cost is approximately 30% less when compared to other countries like US, UK etc.
- You get the Best neurosurgeons in India in affordable prices with all the amenities provided.
- Also, there is no waiting list.
Here is the list of some countries from where patients travel to India to get their treatment done
Are you confused whether which hospitals to go for neurosurgery???Wait here is the solution to your query. Below is the list of top neurosurgery hospitals of India/Best Neurosurgery hospitals in India:
- Apollo Hospitals, Chennai
- Nanavati Hospitals Mumbai
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi
- L Raheja hospital, Mumbai
- Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi
- Paras Hospitals, Gurgaon
- Fortis Malar Hospitals, Chennai
- Medanta- The Medicity, Gurgaon
- BLK Superspeciality Hospitals
- Manipal Hospitals, Bangalore
- Continental hospital, Hyderabad
- Sahyadri Hospital, Chennai
If you want to know more about the best neurosurgeons in India visit clinicspots.
For your better understanding in Neurosurgery let us move further in understanding different types of neurological disorders:
- Asperger Syndrome
- Facial Nerve problems
- Head injury
- Lead Poisoning
- Motion Sickness
- Multiple sclerosis
- Brain Hemorrhage
- Brain Tumor
- Blood clots
- Pinched nerve
- Stem cells
- Sinus Headache
- Neuropathic pain
- Spinal cord injury
Different Types of Neurosurgery Procedures Available:
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Meningocele repair
- Deep brain stimulation
- Ventricular Shunt
For you to understand, I am explaining some of the neurosurgical procedures below:
It is a procedure to remove a lesion found in the brain through an opening in the skull. This type of surgery is commonly performed for removal of brain tumor, blood clot, leaking blood vessels, to relieve pressure inside the skull also sometimes to inspect the brain.
It is a surgical procedure in which your neurosurgeon completely removes a portion of the bony arch on the dorsal surface of the vertebra. Usually, Laminectomy is done for relief of pain in the lower back.
It is nothing but cutting of your nerve roots as they enter the spinal cord. Rhizotomy is also known as dorsal Rhizotomy or selective dorsal rhizotomy. Rhizotomy is performed under general anaesthesia. Here, the patient lies with his face down. An incision is made along his lower spine along with exposing his sensory nerves.
Neurosurgeons, neurologists, and other medical experts cooperate to give inpatient care and treating patients suffering with complex neurological issue. Neurologists frequently work intimately with neurosurgeons, however don’t perform surgery.
By now, I hope you’ve got all the knowledge you need to know about neurosurgery in India.