What do you do to take care of your teeth and gums? For some people, it’s bringing their kids to the family dentist for their annual checkups. For kids, it could be brushing your teeth at night and before school in the morning. Other people take care of their teeth by immediately picking up the phone the instant that something happens.
Whether you’re calling up a cosmetic dentist in Abbotsford about a chipped tooth or making sure to eat a healthy diet that is low in refined sugar, read on to find out more about how you can take good care of your teeth and gums. It’s all about doing your daily part to take care and getting in for that yearly appointment! Scroll down and pick up all of our tips and tricks.
Taking Care of Your Teeth and Gums
Taking care of gums and teeth is all about maintenance. You’ve got to be committed to having a routine of keeping them clean so that bacteria are not tempted to proliferate there. When it comes to brushing and flossing, as well as using mouthwash, you want to do it twice a day. Make time once in the morning and once at night for the ultimate in good oral maintenance.
Check out these quick tips for taking care of your teeth and gums.
Tips for Care
– Use soft floss if you need to floss but have sensitive gums. There are flosses that have extra wax or are designed to be low impact on the gums.
– Pick a mouthwash with aloe or tea tree oil in it. These elements are especially renowned for killing the bad bacteria and helping your gums be their healthiest.
– Brush your teeth with firm bristles if your teeth can stand it as they may be able to effectively brush away debris where soft bristles might not.
– Invest in an electric toothbrush. Many models have two-minute timers and different settings that make it easier than ever to get a good brush!
– Visit a cosmetic dentist in Abbotsford if you need to fix a chipped tooth or any other cosmetic issue.
– Taking your kids to a family dentist is an easy way to keep them entertained and give them a dental visit that they will actually look forward to!
– Eat tooth and gum healthy foods. Apples and popcorn are always a great choice; soda and candy are not!
– Try and avoid eating too much sugar or foods with corn syrup and refined ingredients. Processed food is good once in a while, but not good in the traditional sense.
– Try not to fall asleep without brushing. Don’t give bacteria and plaque a chance to build up!
– You should be sitting in a dentist’s chair once a year for optimum teeth and gum health and care.
– Be careful with your teeth. Do not use them to crack nuts or twist off bottle caps! Use for eating only to avoid chipping them.
– Try oil pulling for a natural way to cleanse teeth of bacteria.